Join us for worship every Sunday, 10AM. Weather permitting, we bring chairs and blankets and gather on our lawn for Holy Communion and we stream our worship service virtually via Facebook Live. Our stream begins with a welcome and the preludes at 9:50AM. Worship begins at 10:00 AM.
You do not need to be a member of Facebook to access St. Elisabeth’s Facebook page. You can LINK to our facebook page by CLICKING HERE. Facebook will encourage you to join if you are not a member. Just click “not now” and worship with us. If you are currently on Facebook, “like” our page and join us on Sunday.
To Worship with us on facebook Sunday mornings, follow these steps:
Downloadable Worship Resources
SUNDAY WORSHIP ON THE LAWN
To join us for Holy Communion on the lawn, you will need to bring:
- Portable chairs or blankets for you to sit on
- Protection from the sun – either lotion, umbrella or hat. If anyone has a hook up with a lawn umbrella company that would be also enhance our ability to have lawn umbrellas available
- Prepared elements from home – worshippers will bring bread and wine or apple juice for holy communion
- Individual coffee hour provisions and snacks
Parishioner lawn-gathering precautions:
- Worship booklets must be downloaded into an e-reader/iPad or printed out and brought to the service. The service is available for download the Friday prior to the gathering.
- Parishioners must bring chairs, blankets, and any other items they would like and assemble on the lawn in their “pod.” A “pod” is a designated area, 20 feet from your neighbor.
- All gathered parishioners and worship participants must wear masks during gathering, departing, and moving from their “pod” to the lectern for the reading. Once a person is at their designated “pod” area, masks may be removed at the discretion of the individual. “Pods” will be spaced and identified, 20 feet apart.
Lawn Gathering Precautions:
- A large circle, with identifiable gathering “pod” positions, will be marked around the lawn
- Masks must be worn by all as the congregation gathers, greeting each other 6 feet apart.
- Masks are not to be removed until parishioners are settled in their “pod.”
- Parishioners would then, in quarantined “pods”, 20 feet apart set up their own lawn chairs, blankets and any other items brought from home.
- Masks must be worn if a parishioner moves from their “pod.”
- The interior of St. Elisabeth’s is open. Masks must be worn when inside.
- Bathrooms are accessible for extreme emergencies. All contacted surfaces must be wiped down after use. Sanitized wipes are available to do this. Dispose of wipes in the trash, not in the toilet. Old pipes!
Liturgy of the Word:
- Lectors will proclaim the readings from the podium/lectern
- Masks must be worn when leaving their “pod” and during the entirety of the reading/prayers of the people. The lector’s mask may be removed once returning to their “pod”
Liturgy of the Table:
- Parishioners must bring their own elements to be consecrated.
- During the communion anthem, elements must be on a small plate and wine or apple juice in a small container, clearly visible in each “pod.”
- The Presider will bless their own elements at the presider’s table.
- Instrumental music will be played throughout.
- Parishioners will be encouraged to follow the words along in their worship booklet.
- If science and the latest information re:COVID supports this, singing with masks within “pods” may be considered.
If a parishioner would like to attend but feels unsafe gathering on the lawn, they may choose to park in their car in our south side parking area and watch the stream on Facebook Live.